Pages

Thursday 3 February 2011

And she Danced...

Evening everyone, well had a funny day today, hubby been at home most of the day, Amelia went to school and Nancy to my Mother-in-Laws, so I have get on with housework. After picking them up, we have had tea and I have managed to get a bit of crafting in! 

Today I have used a stamp, no not a digi one! Its been so long since I have stamped something and coloured it, so I felt it was about time! Today I have used Fairy Tail - Ballerina Tilda from Magnolia! My sister is coming towards the end of her dance course, so I have made this card in advance for her! 

Until today I had never coloured a Magnolia image, I have always looked at how everyone else does them and wish that I could just try and today was that day! 


The backing paper is a bit of tissue paper that I have scrunched up and the gone over with my cats eye ink pad (warm violet).  I believe this is called the faux silk effect, I did go over the top with some versamark dazzle, just to add some sparkle! 

The Image has been coloured using pro-markers; 

Orchid, Amethyst and Lilac for her dress and  ballet shoes, 
Gold for her crown, 
Shale, CoCo and Tan for her hair, 
Peach, Honeycomb, Pastel Pink and Blush for her skin Tone. 
The sparkles around her I went over with vanilla.  

I have stuck a 2mm purple rhinestone in the middle of the sparkle areas to add some effect!


I cut the border and backing from my nestabilities and the stuck some 4mm rhinestones at the various points. I did make a boobo, I don't have magnetic mats to make sure I line up the border correct so it is a bit wonky, I think my next purchase will have to be a magnetic mat for my nesties!

The sentiment has been written onto tissue paper with a gold pen and then mounted onto white card so it stands out a bit more.  I did have to cheat and print the sentiment from my computer and then trace through the tissue paper to make sure my writing looked OK, I can do neat writing but swirly and neat - not me!

One thing I have learnt is that this sentiment was printed at text size 18, the words danced and nobody is at text size 24, if I do this again I will print the smaller at 24 if not bigger.


I used some of my stash of ribbons and things, the purple elastic around the card is something I picked up in hobbycraft years ago! As its like elastic I tied it on the inside of the card, when I put a verse in it I will cover it up.  I still have 3 rolls of the elastic stuff, have never used it until today! 


The dancer charm is from a set of music charms I purchased in 'The Works', here in the UK its more of a book shop that sells discount books, but they have a few small stands of craft stuff sometimes, you can pick up some good bargains on papers in there sometimes.  When I purchased this pack they were on 3 for 2 at 99p each! I have hooked her on with a swirly 'thing' from my stash! I believe these are meant for photos or something, but I found a good use to it today! 


Well I have had a lovely hour of crafting.  I am now getting ready for a friend to come over for a drink or two or maybe three! So no more crafting for me until tomorrow night! 

If you have time I would love to know what you think! 

xx

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Katrina, it's fab bet your sis will be well pleased when she receives this little beauty!!!
Hugs
Dawn xxx

09 10