Pages

Monday 21 February 2011

Paper Cupcakes Challenge - A Children's Birthday card

Morning everyone, well here we are another week gone and a new one here and this week its half term for our schools, oh the joys of having both the children here for the week.  I have so many of Amelia's friends coming over this week i'm wondering if I should start a crèche!! On a count down for our family holiday now! cant wait to get away and be with the family! Having a get together next week to arrange what were all doing! 

Well onto the challenge! Over at Theres Magic in the Air this week we would like to see

Children's Birthday Cards

Sometimes children can be hard work to make cards for, I find that I always want to create them something that I know a certain child is into, I sometimes make a card for a child and think, that is not very child like, or they wont like that, but this week I had no problems, I used a lovely image from Paper Cupcakes Store called 'Friends in all Sizes', I just felt the image was so adorable! 


This is the 1st 'Twisted Easel' card I have made, its thanks to Cheryl, you can see a link to her page on my tutorial page! I cant wait to make more like this, its so much fun! 


I coloured the image using my pro-markers, I used Moss for the Grass, The Ladybird was coloured with poppy and the giraffe was coloured using shale and tan, the maine was coloured using caramel.


The above photo is of the card when its closed, I scored the central line a bit off, but it turned out OK!!!  It worked out nicely as where I have put '4 Today' it shows when the card is closed!


The stamp I used for the greeting is one I have had since I started stamping I stamped in Silver.  I layered this onto centura pearly card in pale pink and lilac.  The pearls are ones from my stash and so is the ribbon.

I would like to enter this card to the following challenges; 

Simply Create - Bold and Bright
If the Shoe Fits - Birthday
Guylous Inimitability - Anything goes

Well There we have it.  I hope you like it! Please join us over at Paper Cupcakes this week, it would be lovely to have you there! I cant wait to see what you create...

xx

15 comments:

Peggy T. said...

Such an adorable card, Katrina. Love the colors and the image. Any child would love getting this one.

cheryl said...

oh hun,you have made one stunning twisted easel card this is just gorouges hun,you detail is brilliant,bless you hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Gloria Westerman said...

This is so adorable.....I love it....great colors....I like using pro-markers too....I think they blend better.....

Trina said...

How cute! I'm going to have to check out that link! And congrats; it seems like every time I see your name in Google Reader, you're on another DT!! :D

Thanks for playing at Guylou's Inimitability!

Patti P. said...

Trina, this is so adorable....I too love this image and your twisted easel card is new to me. I love traditional ones, but must try this sometime soon. So happy to have you on the team and seeing your creative work. Enjoy your week.

Kim Kelley said...

Such a sweet card! Thanks for playing at Guylou's!

CraftinGranny said...

Adorable card Trina. I love this image and your twisted easel card is just fab. Will have to check out that tutrial. Thanks for the link. "Hugs" Carol

Two Dogs and a Book said...

So pretty and creative!! Thanks for participating in our challenge at Guylou's.
Cheers!
Guylou

Tracy S said...

oh my goodness this is adorable!! I have never seen a twisted easel before. So very cool! I LOVE this darling image too. Thank you so much for joining us this week over at Guylou's!!!

Rose said...

what an adorable image and fantastic easel card :)

So glad you joined us on Simply Create for our Bright and Bold challenge :)

Lou Mac said...

This is brilliant - it looks like your a true pro at those twisted easel cards now!! Such a cute image - perfect for a little girl or boy!!

I have a blog award over on my blog for you - if you want to go over and collect it that would be great. Thank you, Lou Mac. xo

Sudha said...

Lovely creations dear, just saw ur blog first time n enjoyed a lot. Like ur creations.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.com

Linda said...

You have done a very beautiful job with the coloring of this cute image!!
Thank you for joining us for our Bold & Bright challenge at Simply Create.
Hope to see you again for the next challenge.
Linda - Simply Create DT

Maria Matter said...

super sweet Trina! love your design!!!
hugs

lesleyworth said...

fantastic twisted card! WOW! thanks for playing along with us at the Shoe!

09 10