Pages

Thursday 10 February 2011

A Sneak Peek of my mini book!

Afternoon all, well I was hoping to have a lot longer on this little project thank what I have had today! But it appears that my husband will be at home for the rest of the day! So my creativity with this has had to stop!

I had no idea as to what to get Mark for valentines day and so I decided to make a mini book (my 1st ever) on the 7 reasons that I love him.... OK so I had to find 7 reasons 1st, but it wasn't that hard!

Its no-where near complete, i'm still waiting for bits to turn up - Yes I know once again, I have left it to the last minuet! But hey ho, thats the way I go! So i will share a bit of what I have done so far, please if anyone can advise me on anything to make this better, please let me know! This is hard for me as my creativity bug has gone into hibernation! 

So 1st up I will show you the front cover. Always a good place to start I think!  

I have made the Title 7 Little things...  

The 7 is cut from chipboard and dabbed with archival silver dabbers, I left it so it was textured.  All the papers that I have used are from BoBunny, once I have completed the project I will list all of them used!  The 'little things' have been written with a set of stamps I purchased at christmas from crafters companion.  I stamped them onto a scrap of pink paper and cut them out. 


 So here we have reason number one.  The reasons 1-6 start with ' I love the way you...', i felt this kept it all together and also this year it will be 6 years that we have been together! 

This one is kiss me and it gives a reason why.  The image is from WOJ and is available from their website, I stamped her with versafine, heat embossed her and coloured her with my pro-markers.  This page still needs a bit of work, But its part way there! The heart gems are from my stash.


Here is reason two.  This one is 'hold me', my husband gives me he best cuddles and my children have learnt from their father how to cuddle!  The coupons are again from the crafters companion stamp set, I stamped them in black onto white and then went over them with a SU dabber and sepia archival ink, just to make them look a bit aged, I have written 'hugs' on all of them!!


Ok so we have a jump here... were onto reason seven.  

Thats what this is a sneak peek! I couldn't wait to play yesterday when my stamps turned up from LOTV, so I had to include this image! 

OK so you will notice that there is no text on this page, Thats because the image was too large for me to put the text on as well, plus I wanted the key on there, so I have put the text on the other side of the page.  

I stamped and heat embossed the image using versafine and clear embossing powder, they were coloured with my pro-markers and to tone it some i put a bit of Archival sepia on with my SU dabber.  


So below is the missing sentiment,  the words say it all about how I feel for my husband.  


Well I hope you have enjoyed your 'sneak peek', and hope that you will visit again soon to see the finished product. this is my 1st ever mini book, I'm only able to do it thanks to my friend over at scrappy-scrapping! 

Thank you hun!!!

Well if you have any comments please feel free to leave them, also if you can give me any inspiration as to what could be done to improve it, please let me know! 

I must say i'm struggling a bit, as its out of my comfort zone, I look forward to reading what you have to say!!

xx



1 comment:

JustYolie said...

Beatiful mini book, great choice of patter papers. I really love the Together Page, it's so darling! :)

09 10