Pages

Friday 25 February 2011

To The Happy Couple


Ok so here is an image I coloured forever and a day ago! I love colouring so much, but today we are having a making session! its brilliant, instead of the table being covered in pens and scraps for colouring on, it covered in gems and pearls and card of so many different colours!!!  

Its a bit like a dream come true for me! I can colour so easily when I have the kids as I can stop and start, but to make a full card when they are about.... NO WAY!!!! hence why I have a box of coloured images, I hope that tonight Mark may want to play the guitar and I can get some more made, seem to be on a roll of getting things done!  All week the table has been covered in everything, to the point that the kids cant even eat dinner there, so trays have been on laps! I haven't had time to tidy up with having Amelia home all week and the weather has been horrid!  

 Ohhh i'm so happy today! Were off out shortly to see a friend and her baby! I know i'm going to be so broody later! Although we need a bigger house and I would like Nancy to be sleeping through the night, she used to be a dream baby, but now she is a nightmare! She wont sleep at night, I have tried cutting naps in the day but she gets worse! Oh well, things can only get better! 

Onto my card, I have used the lovely image 'loving bridal couple'. I felt it could be for a weeding, but it would be a very low key wedding so I wanted to try and 'fuss' it up a bit, it could also be for an engagement, or just a loved up couple! 


The image was coloured with my pro-markers, I will have to edit this post later to put the colours down, I rounded the corners off of the image and used a sponge to put the silver on.  The roses were all white to start with, i used my pro-markers to bleed into the flowers to colour them.  The pearl flourish was done using my bazzill template and 3mm pearls.  The lace is stuck down the side with double sided tape.  



Here you can see the flowers a bit closer, I have also added some pink, just to jazz it up a bit! I stuck all the flowers down using silicone as I can 'jab' the stems in before it sets! 

Well I hope you like it, I know this is one that I have enjoyed making!

I would like to enter this to the following challenges;

Daring Cardmakers - pund shop pretties
Stamp Something - Flowers
DYSU - Anything Goes
Paper Romance - Anything Goes
Samuel Taylors - Anything Goes
xx

18 comments:

cheryl said...

oh hun this is so beautiful,adore that image,and love that heart you have placed making one gorgoeus creation,hugs cheryl xxx

Miranda said...

very cute card Trina
thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week

hugs
Miranda

Judy Rozema said...

This is very sweet! Love your coloring and flowers! Thanks for sharing at Paper Romance!

Jo said...

aaah how lovely! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at DYSU this week! Hope to see you next time!

Mrs A. said...

I do so like the Tilda images. I have not heard of using your pens to bleed into the flower to create colour before.Thats another tip I have learnt this week.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a pretty card Trina. Love the cute image, the colors... lovely flower embellishments. :o)

Sandra P said...

How sweet! Thanks for the tip on the markers too :)

Thanks for joining Paper Romance this week!

Hugs,
Sandra P

Peggysue said...

Very sweet & romantic card Trina. Lovely image and all the roses really set it off nicely. I’m glad you joined us for the DYSU Anything Goes challenge & hope to see you again!

Sudha said...

Wow, its so pretty.

Emma said...

A beautiful card Trina, gorgeous image and details.
Hugs Emma x

Peggy T. said...

Katrina, how cute is this. I love how you colored this darling couple. Great job.

Victoria said...

a lovely card gorgeous image and very pretty flowers
Vicky #88 Stamp Something Challenge 25.2.2011

Jo said...

Such a gorgeous card, Iknow how difficult is it to actually get a card finished with little ones :) thank you for sharing it with

Daring Cardmakers

jo x

Samm said...

What a lovely card!!! Thanks for joining in with my challenge at DCM x

Crafteezee said...

This is so sweet, love the image and I do have a passion for heart doilies. Gorgeous. Thanks for your comments on my blog today and glad you enjoyed the hop. Hugs Tracy x

Lythan said...

What an adorable wedding card. I love all the paper flowers and the romantic swirl. Thanks for being a Poundshop princess with Daring Cardmakers this week :)

Cindy Haffner said...

FAB FAB FABULOUS!!

WencheP said...

Very cute! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

09 10