Pages

Monday 28 February 2011

These Magic In The Air at Paper Cupcakes Challenge!

 Afternoon everyone! Well here we are another Monday! Oh these weeks are flying by! End of February today, before we know it the summer will be upon us.

Over at Theres Magic in the Air this week we would like to to think a bit cooler than summer, were looking for 'SPRING', Oh how I love the spring.... baby lambs, Baby Chicks, Easter Eggs... oh so and the not so fun spring clean! Oh well, back to my card! 

This week I have used this lovely little chick! Isn't she adorable!?! She is available over at the Paper Cupcakes Store, with a number of other lovely digis!


Well, as some of you may know I'm a hoarder... I cant throw anything away, not even little scraps, so this card is a bizarre shape, but it made it all the more spring like!


I coloured the image in with my pro markers, I used buttercup to colour the chick, Peach for her beak and feet, Poppy and a blue that I cant remember on the case of the cake and Cardinal Red on her bow! I also used Ice Grey 1 round the edge of the icing on the cake! 

I wrote 'Spring has Sprung ...' in silver peel offs and used a few odd flower peel offs just to make the card a bit brighter and more spring like! 


I coloured the image twice and cut out the top of the cake and chick, I did think about adding another layer, but I don't like making cards that are too thick for when they are posted, the cost of postage these days is stupid! 


Well there you have it! I hope you like her, if you have time please take a look at what the rest of the design team came up with! Please join us over at Theres Magic in The Air this week It would be lovely to have you there! I cant wait to see more creations! 

i would like to enter this card to the following challenges;

Card Cupids - Shaped Card
The crafty Pad - Something Yummy for Your Tummy

xxx

6 comments:

*Angela* said...

Very cute! I love that digi. Thanks for playing along with Card Cupids!

Steph said...

Great card! Thanks for joining the Card Cupids challenge.

Pat said...

Super card, lovely colours, image and bp. Thanks for sharing at The Crafty Pad this week, good luck in the draw.

Pat xx

CraftinGranny said...

Oh Trina, this is just adorable. That's one of my favorite images and you've colored it beautifully. Great design! "Hugs" Carol

cheryl said...

oh trina hun this is one adorable image,and the colurs on this are just gorouges,beautiful detail hugs cheryl xxxx

Radwa Bayoumi said...

Cute card!!Thanks for sharing it with us at Card Cupids

09 10