Pages

Tuesday 1 February 2011

Announcement!!!!

Morning all, its a nasty dull and grey morning here in the UK but I have come along to brighten you day! 

Over the weekend I told you all that something would be announced today, well the time has not come for me to tell you. So lets have a drum roll.....



Im have been asked to be on the DT for Heart Song Designs.  As you can imagine I have been so excited about telling you this! 

Heart Song Designs is a new digital image company that is owned by the very talented Leah Cornelius, you may recognise some of her digis from SNS Stamps, but she has now decided to branch out on her own.
Here is a little bit of why she is doing this;

Heart Song Designs was born from a desire to help fund the remaining cost of my husband and I Ethiopian adoption.  I have an Ethiopian son and a biological daughter and God has made it very clear that our family is to grown again through adoption.  I do plan on keeping Heart Song Designs in business even after out adoption is complete, but any purchases made right now will go directly to helping bringing out baby boy home.  
Thank you for your support!

You can click here to go to the shop or here to go to the inspiration blog, please if you have time take a look, Her digis are beautiful and I know she is going to be full of surprises for us! I cant wait to work with her images or the rest of the team, so first of all let me introduce you to the other designers, 

please click on each of their names and take a look at their blogs, if you have time why not leave them a comment?...

Leah (Owner)

As I haven't had much time over the weekend, I only have one card for you today, but I promise that I will post another later in the week for you! 


So here I have used the beautiful digi, Wedding Cake.  At the moment, so many people are talking about getting married I thought i would make an early start on the cards, sometimes I find it so hard with wedding cards as I like to try an keep in with peoples colour themes! Im loving purples at the moment, that could be because Amelia wants everything to be purple!


I printed the digi twice and decided to decoupage the flowers and ribbons on the cake, I coloured with my pro-markers.  I also used some sticky pearls on the decretive part of the cake, just to add a bit more detail.  The card stock originally was white, I used my Archival sepia ink pad with a SU dabber to distress the bazzill, i wanted to do just round the edge of the cake, but it looked a bit strange so I did the rest of the card too.


I used a piece of purple ribbon from my stash and tied an old key to it, I have wanted to stat using my embellishments such as keys a bit more on my cards, so I felt it went quite well on here.


 I used gold peel offs for the wording, I'm finding that with my peel offs I always end up with all the capitals left over, so i'm trying to use them a bit more now! 


I would love to hear what you think of my card, if you have time, please feel free to leave a comment! 

xx

5 comments:

Linda Wescott said...

Great card, I have two nephew's and a niece (all siblings - makes it seen like a rash lol) planning to get married soon. Will pop over and have a look at the digi. Congrats on your DT position. Hugs lin

Erum Tasneem said...

Congrats!! WOOT WOOT!

Ceal said...

great card! congrats I look forward to working with you

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh so sweet! I look forward to working with you!

ChelleStamps said...

Great card Katrina! Love the sepia antiquing,and the keys are wonderful. I love how you decoupaged the cake as well.
Looking forward to working with you on the new DT!
Shelly

09 10