Pages

Tuesday 24 January 2012

Life is beautiful, magnificent thing, even to a jellyfish...

As said by Charlie Chaplin, I had heard loads about him, but never really known much, if that makes any sense?! 

Well he was my inspiration tonight, I need to make a male card for my cousin, and as you all know I dislike making male cards, men, man, what ever you want to call call them, I personally have a disliking to making them cards, little boys are so easy to create for!

On the subject of boys... Mark (hubby) has a friend over and as he is helping take more paper off the walls tomorrow so he is staying the night.  Now 3 years ago we went to Canada and Richard got the name 'Scary Hairy Man', I will never know why we called him that!  My little Amelia (at just over 4 1/2) was over the moon that Richard was coming over, when he came in that house my little Amelia started blushing! It was so adorable!!

Anyway onto what I'm here for!  


This is the beautiful 'The Tramp' from Mo Manning.  I have had him sat on the computer for ages and never used him, never had the 'get up and go' to colour him.  Tonight I have out done my self and Im very proud! 


He was coloured with pencils all bar the skin, again the wonderful copics came out, just the normal ones, E02, E00, E000 and R20 for his cheek!  The background was distressed with Tim Holtz brushed corduroy and my wonderful lil sponge thing I have to help me along the way! 


I printed everything from my computer, the sentiments were all printed from just using the word document.  I have started to make the first letters on words larger than the rest as I feel it stands more! I believe the font is apple chancery, I love this font and seem to use it a lot at the moment! 


While making this card I needed to research a bit about Charlie Chaplin, I love using quotes  from the real person and this one just stood out to me, I would have used so many different ones but this one just felt right! 


Now this little tool is one that hasn't seen the light of day for a long time! My quickutz, the card looked blank and as Chaplin was a composer as well as a director, actor ect I felt musical notes would finish the card nicely! I just cut then from kraft card stock. 


Yes I even got the guts to decorate the inside of the card, not something that I often do! So all in all it was a pretty good night! I would like to enter this card to the following challenges;

Daisy Doodles - Anything Goes
Make It Monday - Anything Goes

Thank you for stopping by and hope you will come back soon!

x

4 comments:

cheryl said...

oh Hun this is brilliant super image and love the detail hugs Cherylx

Lisa Minckler said...

Ohhhhh,
I love Charlie and WOW..you really nailed it on the coloring!!! This couldn't be a more fantastic masculine card. I personally despise making them too, but you've definitely inspired me to think that it can be done. Awesome creation and I love the additional music notes.
Excellent touch!

Shirley-Anne said...

AMAZING card .Well done with colouring and background paper LOVE it all . Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday
Shirley-Anne

Paul said...

Never thought I'd see a Cahrlie Chaplin card - it's brill! Saw your project on Make it Monday and had to come over and take a closer look.
TFS
Paul
Crafty Blogocks
DT Member for Catch The Bug

09 10