Pages

Tuesday 17 January 2012

Top Tip Tuesday - #68 A Sketch!

Morning all, you must be able to tell now that nothing is scheduled on my blog at the moment, have got my self behind with the house stuff and not and time to sit and get a post written in time! Im here with this weeks TTT challenge! But first up I would like to thank each and every one of you that joined in for our 1st challenge of 2012, WOW over 600 entries you must have all been feeling the 'anything goes'.  Please pop over to the TT blog and check the side bar to see if your a winner!! 

OK on to our sponsors this week! 

Stamp & Create
Top Tipper Prize of
 $25.00

Stamp and Create is an on-line store based in the US. We ship worldwide with reasonable shipping prices. 
We specialize in Rubber Stamps and Scrapbook supplies. Some of the companies we carry are: Wags 'n Whiskers Rubber Stamps, High Hopes Rubber Stamps, Whiff of Joy, The Greeting Farm, Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps, Stampavie, Whimsy Stamps, Emerald Faeries, Basic Grey, My Mind's Eye, Echo Park, Ribbon, Charms, embellishments, dies, and more!
and
Karens Doodles
Karens Doodles
...with a prize of 3 Digital Images of the winners choice.
Karen's Doodles has a fantastic selection of designs, Digital and Rubber stamps.

Look out for some of Karen's fab images in our DT samples :)
and
Sew Sweet
Sew Sweet

The Lovely Emma from Sew Sweet is offering 1 lucky entrant
£10.00 voucher to spend at her yummi shop.
Sew Sweet stock a huge selection of Wool felt, buttons, ribbon, divine twine, Handmade personalised gifts, findings and more.

And here are the FAB sketches from our wonderful Lisa! - You can do one or both! Cant wait to see what you all create! 
Sketch 1: Layers
Sketch 2: Clean and Simple
 


You may rotate or flip the sketch, add a few extra embellishments or elements but please ensure the original sketch is clearly visible in your finished creation.
Ok so onto my card.  I chose to attempt sketch 1.  Last week I thought I was doing really well and it all went a bit wrong I had a block and that was it, I hope you like my card!


Yes I know what your saying... She's obsessed with that stamp! YES I AM, and Im happy to shout it! Its the beautiful Pippi Longsocks from Funky Kits! Trust me - you WILL be seeing more and more of here, I think she may be my obsession of 2012! 




I coloured her using my copics and added some polychrome pencils to add depth! 

Wings - BG000 Plus Stardust Stickles
Skin - E02, E00, E000 and R20 for cheeks
Frog - YG23 and YG09
Hair - E79, E37, E15
Skirt and Top - B95, B93 B02

The papers are all from my scrap box that has finally come home!! (along with another three draws and my big shot and all my dies!) Things with the house are at a bit of a stand still as we need to get a radiator moved in the room before we can finish it and get the kitchen done, so I will be making the most and crafting!!! 

I would like to enter this card to the following challenges;

Make It Monday - Anything Goes
Sugar Nellie Facebook Challenge - Green, Blue and White
Try It On Tuesday - Do You Believe In Fairies? 

Thanks for stopping by and see you soon! 

x

9 comments:

cheryl said...

oh wow this is one super image hun coloured to perfection too,amazing detail hugs Cherylxxxx

Lisa Minckler said...

You just use that adorable stamp as much as you want! She is soooo stinkin' cute!!! I just love it, but the way you bring her to life is amazing. :)
Love all the little touches you do with all your work.


Thank you for playing along with us at Make It Monday.
Hugs to you,
Lisa xx

Bee and Dee said...

Really great card, love the image too, Thank you for joining our challenge on TIOT Hugs Bee

Anonymous said...

Oh Katrina this is Gorgeous I think I need Pippi too! you have coloured her Beautifully! Lovely Job with the sketch too! great job xx hugs me x

Shirley-Anne said...

She is adorable .Love your card design too .
Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday
Shirley-Anne

Alyna said...

hi
super cute image.
very nicely colored :).
thanx fer leaving love at my blog
hugs
Alyna

Audhild said...

Pippi looks awesome:-) I can see why you love her so much:-) Your card is beautiful!

Debs M said...

cute card, beautiful colouring, saw it on mim x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous project thanks for sharing with Try it on Tuesday "Do you believe in Fairies" week. Janet

09 10