Pages

Saturday 21 January 2012

Wish...

Evening all, well today I have managed to have ME time! Its been FAB! Been stood in the kitchen with the hatch open watching (and listening) to the kids! Every now and then one of them has stood at the hatch asking questions, Amelia's favourite has been 'what does it look like now?'.  Well at about 4pm I finished it! And here she is.... 


Yes so I have this 'thing' about pippi, and its not going to go away for a very very very long time, she is just so lovely to colour! If you haven't seen her before she is from Sugar Nellie and available from Funky Kits.  I'm also going through a thing of orange at the moment, I have been using it a lot, mainly when I use pencils and I think I'm getting better with them, i would just like to learn skin tones with pencils! Oh well it will come with time! 

I used a few bits that have been 'sat' away and never used 1st was the raffia down the side, it has been sat in the draw for ages, never thought of how to use it, but thought it looked nice! Also the clock die at the back of the image, its the Tim Holtz one.  I brought it ages ago and never been able to find the right card for it to go on.


I just love these flowers, I think they were all from e-bay, I know they cam from abroad and they were here in super quick time too!  I have a massive draw full of them and haven't been using them much, But I think I will be using them more and more, they just add such a nice finish to cards! I have also been 'making sprays' from them rather than just cutting and sticking them, it makes life a lot easier.  


Here she is a bit closer! All except her skin was coloured with my pencils (faber castle) and a bit of zest oil over the top! So happy with how she has turned out! The skin was coloured with copics using E02, E00, E000 and R20 for her cheeks! I added some 'diamond' stickles to her wings.


Again, the Tim Holtz adage tickets.  I have used them before but never been happy with the way they looked, today it all just fell together, I distressed the edges and used the Tim Holtz distress ink Brushed Corduroy to age it.  So happy with how it turned out! 


The Die cut shape is from a set that I purchased thinking they were nesties and they are not, I have to say I'm not very happy with them as the bend after the 1st use, But I LOVE the shape! Will have to save the pennies and buy some proper spellbinder ones! I used an idea I have seen about a lot lately and thats just adding the lines around the edge of the die cut shape.  I was very nervous as I have tried so many times and it has always gone wrong! But on this occasion, it went well.  the clock was cut from Neenah card stock and I used Time Holtz Iced Spruce ink to get the colour! 

I would like to enter her into the following challenges;

Alphabet Challenge Blog - Y is for - You Choose
Cardmaking Mamas - Something Old (The die is old!)
Chocolate, Coffee and Cards - Glitter (her Wings are glittered!)
Stamping With the Dragon - Anything Goes
4 Crafty Chicks - Summer In January
Moving Along With The Times - Things With Wings

I hope you like her! I love coming here and seeing your comments so if you have time please feel free to tell me what you think! Will be back soon with more creations - I hope! 

x

6 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Trina. This is such a bright and happy card. I love the orange, its vibrant and very beautiful. Love your cute image and all the extra detail that give it such beautiful textures.
Thank you for joining us at MAWTT and good luck.
Love Sandra xxx

Tammy said...

Sooo sweet and your coloring is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge!
Tammy :)

happyscrapper said...

Hello Trina,
This is such a beautiful card. The little fairy is so cute. The details are amazing on your card love it. Thanks for joining us this week at CCCC. Good luck and hope to see you back.
Hugz,
Christine Dt at CCCC

The Sparkly Fairy said...

Such a beautiful card. I love the flowers! Thank you for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge this week.

Emma - The Sparkly Fairy

Katie Butler said...

So bright and fun! I love the glitter on the wings. Thanks for joining us at the Stamping with Dragon Challenge blog.

Ruth Little said...

Great card! I love all the bright colors! and what fun using things that have sat around. I should do that! and soon!

Thank you for sharing your creation with us.
Ruth DT for Stamping Dragon Designs

09 10