Pages

Thursday 26 January 2012

Love Letters....

Evening all, well I know I only posted a little while ago, have been trying to write that post all afternoon, been busy with the kids! Amelia now does tap and modern on a Thursday after school and so its a long day for her and me! Any how, its been another busy day for hubby, today the plasterer was in and he managed to get the whole of the small room done! WOW! The photos not very good as its dark outside and we have no light switch in there now... so no light! 


Anyway, before I started that post earlier today I did sit and colour this beautiful little lady! This is love Letter from Sugar Nellie, I have coloured her a few times but never been happy.  Today was a different story, I also tied this card in with the Sugar Nellie Facebook challenge! 


Here she is up-close, I was so happy with her hair this time, I have coloured it with pencils.  Again everything except the skin was pencils, the skin I used my usual suspects! E02, E00, E000 and R20 for her cheeks.  Over at the Sugar Nellie blog this week there is a fab sketch and the option of paper piecing.  Its been something I have been playing with the last week or so as its been so long since I did.  On this image i decided to paper piece that letters in kraft card stock.  


I decided to make my own sentiment 'Letters sent with love.... They are just not enough'.  I printed it off on a scrap of paper from my box to tie in a bit more with the pink and grey.  I have also always wanted to make a scroll on a card, but never known the right time to try, and so I decided that tonight was the night! Not sure if I'm happy with the way it has turned out!?!


Well I hope you like my creation, I would like to enter this card to the following challenges;

Sugar Nellie Facebook Challenge - Pink and Grey
The Sugar Bowl - Sketch and Paper Piecing

5 comments:

Trish x said...

What a lovely card Katrina, I love the image and it is beautifully coloured
Trish xx

Lilian said...

Your card is just beautiful. The rolled paper and doodled edge adds the perfect touch. Thanks for joining the SB challenge! Lils

Lisa Minckler said...

Katrina,
This is gorgeous. Love that image with the pen and quill and the font for the sentiment is perfect!
Your house is coming along wonderfully. So fun to live vicariously through pictures. :) Looks great!!

Thank you for joining us at Craft Us Crazy.
Good luck to you...
Hugs,
Lisa xx

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Your card is very pretty. You've done an outstanding job of coloring the image and the layout is fabulous!

Thank you for participating in the Craft Us Crazy Valentine's/Love and/or Animals challenge!

Penny said...

Fantastic colouring, thanks for linking up with our love challenge at Aud sentiments

09 10