Pages

Monday 2 April 2012

Messy Church

Morning all, well that was a busy night last night! Still so much I want and NEED to catch up on, haven't had a hop around everyones blog recently- I am so sorry!! Hope to set aside some time tomorrow or Wednesday as its meant to rain!!! 

Some of you may have seen me mention about 'Messy Church' yesterday, Its something that a group of the lovely ladies of St Mary's, Wexham, UK arranged for something a bit different.  I know it has taken weeks and weeks of planning, numerous meetings and lots of stressing! But the service was AMAZING.  It was so nice to see so many young people there, also people being creative.  there were activities from colouring to cooking, card making to making a garden.  

As you may be able to guess the service was based around

'Holy Week'

There were activities for Holy Monday, Holy Tuesday, Holy Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Holy Saturday, Easter Sunday, Easter Monday. Amelia did a number of activities yesterday, it was so nice to see her being creative! She started by making bread.  I forgot to take a photo of it before she ate it, but she LOVED it and wants to now bake bread! She also made some cards...



So Impressed with what she code, I had nothing to do with the cards at all, it was nice that she wanted to do it without me too, I sometimes feel that I push her too hard and that she does what I want, not what she wants.  She did have help from two of the lovely ladies at the church, they were brilliant with her! 

She also made a play dough hil and added the cross.  This was to symbolise Golgotha, or Calvary as it can be know.  She loved this bit getting messy and adding the crosses.


She also made a small garden to represent the garden of Gethsemane, this is where jesus was arrested.  


Well I hope you are as impressed with my daughter as I am, i have to say yesterday was very educational for me as well as for her.  It was so much fun being involved with such activities and learning from the short ceremony after.  I don't think many of the talented ladies will see this post, but I would like to say a big Thank You to you all for organising the event and allowing Amelia and I the opportunity to be involved! Bring on Pentecost!!   

Hugs
x

1 comment:

Lisa Minckler said...

These are fabulous!!! I really LOVE the projects she has created. The crosses and the garden are wonderful! What a proud mommy you must be. :)

09 10