Pages

Tuesday 21 February 2012

Sleeping Princess, For my Girls...

Only me AGAIN! Yes I have been on a mission.  Last week I had such fun colouring, when I tried to make a card it all went terribly wrong.... It didn't look right, I wasn't happy, I decided that I was much happier colouring than making a card.  

So I set myself a challenge.... I wanted to make a special hanging for Amelia and Nancy's bedroom for when its finished.  After three hours, I produced this.... 


This is the beautiful Runaway Princess from Crafts and Me.  She is a digi that I purchased last week, I didn't realise quite how detailed she was until I enlarged her (to just under A4) to do this for the girls.  I hadn't noticed the little fairies peeping from behind the tree!! Here are a few of the up-close pictures.... 


Im most impressed with how her skin turned out and then the dress! I was kinda nervous about such a large area of skin tone! Also the little dragon... he is just so cute! I am so happy with how the whole thing has turned out.  The image is just perfect for Amelia, she is so into princesses and not into sleeping, so hopefully this will encourage her to sleep!?! 

I have taken note of the pens I used in no particular order; 
(After three hours on this I just noted down the pens as I put them away!)

R02, YR07, B12, YR04, E47, G05, G07, G94, G21, R83, B00, E02, E00, E000, E33, 
E27, E37, E53, Y000, BV00, R37, V04, R29, R24, W3, E31, E35, 
E57, V09, YG06, BV31, C2, E29, V06, B60, E79.

I hope you like her! If you have time I would love to read what you think! 

Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you again soon

x



3 comments:

Bettina L. said...

This sleeping beauty is amazing. Must have taken you forever to colour her. Loving all the details in the design and your shadowing is gorgeous. I have something for you in my blog. Hope you'll like it. Bettina xx

Dawn said...

She's beautiful Katrina! I love the dress & those little fairies in the background are just too cute! Perfect for a wall hanging!!!
Hugs
Dawn xx
PS I have blog candy if you want to play!

Sandy said...

Good fathers - this is a work of art. So gorgeous - I love the colors! Congratulations on a work well done!
Sandy

09 10