Pages

Saturday 13 November 2010

Nancy May Bentons Birth Announcement, stampin' up club and more..


As some of you may know, back in April i had my 2nd little girl, Nancy May, I just wanted to show you all the birth announcements I made for her. I had such fun in with my mum one night doing them. I did wreck 3 of my new ink pads, but hey ho, they are there to be used!

They were so simple but looked so effective. Knowing that people will just read them and chuck them I didn't want to make them to big (yes i don't like waste), they were A6 in size. I made up the card blanks with white card stock and using my cats eyes just blended the inks direct from the pad to get a purple/pink with a hint of green background, then the image was stamed onto acetate and just stuck with double sided tape over the back! On the inside it just had the basic information that i felt people would need!

I just wish i had the time and the patience stamp and colour this image, i have seen a number of variations on it but i can never seem to get the colours right, i think its also because i can be heavy handed when i colour sometimes.

Here are one of the cards I made at my first Stampin' up meet! it was a funny night as i got lost on the way to the venue, i did get there eventually! had a wonderful night and cant believe some of the lovely stuff in the catalogue! This was one of my favourites, took me completely out of my comfort zone, scrunching paper, tearing paper, and mixing colours that i wouldn't dream of!

Were there again in a couple of weeks! cant wait to see what i bring home this time!


No comments:

09 10