Pages

Monday 28 March 2011

Pear Tree Designs Challenge #42 Mothers Day

Morning all, well had a busy night last night catching up with bits, well trying to catch up, I think I will be running in circles for the next month trying to get on top of all this stuff! Oh well, i'm keeping busy and thats the main thing! Silly blogger decided to play up last week, so thats why there is not posts from last week, but I will catch up this week. Its a busy and exciting week! 

Im here with the challenge at Pear Tree Designs this week we are looking for the cards for the Mum's, Mummies or maybe even Grandmas and Nannies! so that means the theme for the week is 

'Mothers Day Cards'

With Mothers Day just around the corner were looking for the cards you have made for them! 
I have 6 to make in total as I make one from me and hubby and then one from the kids, oh the joys! 

This week our sponsor is 


If you have time please take a look at the shop, some lovely digis over there! 

Onto my card for this week.  I have used the stunning new stamps from Whiff of Joy Spring Stamp kit, I was so happy when this came through the door, but I didn't have time to play before going away, so you can imagine how eager I was when I got home!

I have used the adorable little Honey Honey stamp from the kit, she is so adorable. I love the expression on her face, she looks so pleased with herself! 


I used a kraft card blank for the base of my card, the papers I have used are from my stash I know that the green one is a Bo Bunny paper, I have had it sat there quite a while thought.  


The flowers are from various places, the lilies are from my local craft shop, they are made from foam but look so stunning, the big purple rose is also from my local craft shop, the smaller ones are from e-bay.  The beady bits are from The Works, they are £1 a pack and you get loads in them! I must go and stock up on them this week! I used silicone glue to stick them down as you get time to move them about. 

The punch is a Martha Stewart lace punch, I punched both sides of the paper, lining it up from the middle out. 


I coloured the image with pro-markers (they enjoyed their break away from me!), but I was rushing so I have no idea as to what colours i used.  I cut the image using a nestie and left her feet in (OK so i cheated and drew round the nestie and cut it by hand!)  I then used a sponge and green ink around the edge.

I would like to enter this card to the following challenges

Catered Crop - Child Stamp, Border Punch, Spring, Ovals
The Crafty Pad - For the Mum's
Creative Cow Girls - Spring or Easter
Creative Insperations - Mothers Day
Dream Valley - Mothers Day
Gingerloft - Punches/Die Cut
Lets ink it up - Punches/Die Cuts
Scrappy Frogs - Flowers and lace

Well I hope i have inspired you to join us at Pear Tree Designs this week! I look forward to seeing you there.  If your looking for more inspiration, take a look at what the rest of the DT created, you can see all their brill work on the Pear Tree Designs Blog! Remember if you have time to look at Robyn's Fetish shop

Look forward to seeing your creations! 

x


16 comments:

Linda McClain said...

Ah, what a sweet card. Thank you for sharing it with us at Catered Crop.

aqualeiga said...

Adorable! Thanks so much for joining us this week at THE CRAFTY PAD this week. Hugs, Ali x

Rachel Hope said...

OH! So sweet! Thanks for playing along at Catered Crop!!

Erum Tasneem said...

absolutely adorable! Thanks for playing with us at Gingerloft.

Audrey Pettit said...

What a fun card! I really like the tall shape and the fun image, and your cluster of flowers is wonderful.
Thanks for joining us this week at The Kraft Journal.

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Adorable ...you are so right about the expression on her face. Cat has got the cream comes to mind. Lovely work. Thank you for entering the Lets Ink It Up Challenge. Suzanne B

Daisychain said...

Thanks for joining our Mother’s Day challenge at Creative Inspirations. Good luck and hope to see you next time. Hugs Christine x

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

What an adorable card! Thank you for joining our to ‘die for’ challenge at LIIU ;)

Unknown said...

Love the cluster of flowers and the so-cute image on this pretty card! Thanks for joining us at The Kraft Journal!

Unknown said...

Aww such a sweet project, gorgeous image. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU this time. Good luck.
Hugs
Dawn xx

coldwaters2 said...

What a beautiful, colourful card the papers, image, flowers and image look wonderful thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Claire said...

Beautiful card, love that stamp!! Thanks for joining us at LIIU and good luck
Claire xx

Maggie's Crafts said...

So sweet!

Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad :)

Please come back mid week for another great post!

Maggie
xx

Lynne in NI said...

Awww what a cutie! Lovin your gorgous DP's too! ... thanks for joining us at Dream Valley, hope to see you again next time!

Janet said...

What a beautiful flower bouquet! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Creative Cowgirls! Janet. DT Member

Jenni said...

Very pretty card, thanks so much for joining in with the challenge at Creative Inspirations and good luck in the draw.
Jenni x

09 10