Pages

Wednesday 11 July 2012

My Mums Craft Shop Challenge 65 - No Cards Allowed

Morning! Well what a week, and not long till I go on holiday now - oh I am so looking forward to some sun! anyway what fab entries we had to the colour inspiration challenge last week over at My Mums Craft Shop! Thenk you to everyone that joined and and a big well done to the winner! Pop over to the blog to see if you won!!! 

Anyway, this weeks challenge was a little bit strange for me, I didn't know where to start.... this weeks challenge is 

NO cards allowed! 

Well I haven't spread my wings much more recently other than cards - not had too much time and with the teeth playing up as they have been cards have not been a priority! But I sat and I thought! A month or so ago I wanted to make a special gift for one of Amelias friends from ballet.  I used the wonderful Tagexdo to create a word cloud in the shape of ballet shoes.  I brought the frame and its just been sat there.  I finally got the get up and go to get it done, when I put the word cloud in it looked OK but rather boring.... then I sat and thought....


Out came the punch, out came the flowers and I created the above!  I was so happy with how it turned out.  I never thought I would make something that looks so pretty! What was better was the look on the little ones face when she opened it, she was stunned and couldn't wait to get it on her bedroom wall!


The flowers are a mix of Wild Orchid Crafts and some from my stash, I used silicone to stick them on and once dried I added stickles over the top to add shine! The butterflies were punched from my Marther Stewart Punch available here. 


This is the arrangement in the top corner from the other angle.  Everyone that has seen it has commented on it and has asked me if I will do one for them.... Im thinking about it - although they don't take long, i'm not sure if I like using so many flowers at once! I am however in the process of doing two or three for Amelia's School Teachers - I can't believe that she will be in Year One starting September! 

Anyway before I go I would like to enter this frame into the following challenges;

Catch the Bug - Anything Goes
Di's Digi Designs - Pile on the Flowers
Moving Along with the Times - Make it Sentimental

Thanks for stopping by, I do hope if you have time you will tell me what you think! Hope to see you soon! 

x

20 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,so pretty,love the flowers.xxx

Lisa Jane said...

ooh this is so pretty .. i love the text and the flowers
Why not join our make it sentimental challenge at Moving along with the times
Lisa x

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous I love those flowers and the words are fabulous too.

Hugs
Linda xxx

cheryl said...

oh Hun,this is just gorgeous oh the detail is just beautiful Hun hugs Cherylxxxx

Confiseries Papier said...

This frame is just stunning! Thanks so much for joining us at Jackson's Digital Expressions.

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Trina this is just stunning! I love all of the details and beautiful pinks :)

Unknown said...

Super sweet Katrina its really pretty love it! Jo xxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW this is stunning, what a wonderful creation, Thanks for playing on MAWTT this week, Hazelxo

Joey said...

Trina this is gorgeous and so pretty. Joey xx

Sonia said...

Oh Trina,so lovely creation:)I adore the pink flowers:)
Hugs,
Sonia

sammi said...

Gorgeous framed creation! Thank you for sharing your creativity with us in our "Anything Goes" challenge at Catch The Bug! We hope to see you, again, next time!! ~~Sammibug~~ DT Member For Bugaboo Stamps

Sheila H said...

What a beautiful and thoughtful gift. Thanks for sharing with us at Jackson's Digital Expressions.

Joyce Ann said...

Very creative! beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at JDE; good luck in the challenge.

Jodie Mackrell said...

wow! very beautiful! thanks for playing this weeks Bugaboo challenge at catch the bug!

Mau xx said...

This is beautiful, Love the pretty colour and flowers, a great creation very well designed
thanks for taking part in MAWTT.
Hugs Mau xx

Unknown said...

You've created a beautiful project and a thoughtful gift. I love it!
Hugs,
Lisa xx

Wilma Z said...

Beautiful card and great details. Thanks for joining us at Di's Digi.

Angela D said...

Really pretty frame, love the colours, thanks for joining us at the Crafty Bloggers Network Challenge

Crafting Vicky said...

What a pretty creation! Really love the flowers on it.

Thanks for joining us as Jackson’s Digital Expressions this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Vicky

Katya said...

I think making things other than cards has been a challenge for me too many times but I try LOL. Your project though came out fantastic. Those slippers and word background- I hadn't heard of that program will have to check it out looks really cool.

Thank you for participating on a Jackson's Digital Expressions challenge.

Katya Bess
Kattyxotica.blogspot.com
J.D.E. DT member

09 10