Pages

Monday 9 July 2012

Get Well Soon

Morning! Yes I have been so quiet this last week - still in pain with my teeth, they are not as bad but I am still having problems with one side - and they have now told me that I will need to have my wisdom teeth removed under general anaesthetic - SO not looking forward to that - all I know is that it 'should' be in the next 18 weeks :(  

Anyway I'm not here to talk about me! As you can imagine I have found it hard to find time to craft partly due to lack of sleep - but also as it hurts to look down.  I have been doing little bits here and there as that is all I have been able to do - so things have been very simple! 

Anyway one thing that I have managed to do is to make a get well card for a friend of mine - she was rather poorly and we were all worried about her.  So I made her a card - I didn't want it to scream 'Get Well Soon' as sometimes I don't think its what people want.  So I went rather plain and simple


The image is Sarah Kay 'Spring is Back' available here.  I completely forgot that I had this stamp stashed away - it was only because I purchased one a few weeks back that I started looking in my stash and came across her!  She was coloured with copics - due to 'the teeth' I haven't been taking many notes of what I'm using!  


I die cut the image using a spellbinders Lacey Ovals available here.  I have to say that I think this set of dies was one of the best purchases of 2012! I LOVE them and they just make such a difference to any creation!   


The butterfly is die cut from Die-namics Butterfly Die available here.  Again this is another of my favourite dies at the moment, I have boxes with these pre cut so I they are ready when I want them! 

Well I hope you like my card! while I remember I still have candy running and would love for as many of you as possible to join in, please take a look here.  There are more bits added - just not had time to take the photo - there are now two rubber stamps as well as an ink pad and all that you see - and if I make it to 250 followers a gift voucher will also be included!!! So please take a look! 

Before I go I would like to enter this card into the following challenges; 

Addicted to Stamps - For Someone Special
Lets ink It Up - All Girls 
That Craft Place - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by - I would love to hear what you think if you have a moment! Hope to see you again soon! 

Hugs

x

17 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the cute image.xxx

jane stillman said...

A gorgeous card, love the image, and I think your right, we don't always want 'get well soon' screaming at us - 'thinking of you' I think is a nice one as it covers most things. Good luck with having the wisdom teeth out x

lulucker said...

Beautiful card Katrine, and I think your right - sometimes you can say it without actually making it obvious.

Lu xxx

Unknown said...

Morning Katrina, beautiful card really sweet, great layout and colour choice!

I had my wisdom teeth out with local anaesthetic..... I do hope it will give you some relief like it did for me Big hugs Jo xxx

Linda Simpson said...

Morning Katrina, sorry to hear you are still having problems with your teeth and I hope you get them sorted so you will be pain free.

Your card is just beautiful. Love the image and gorgeous colouring and I love the layout and butterflies.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Zoe said...

Gorgeous card, love those colours together, the image is very cute too xxx

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Oh no! Hope your teeth get better soon... D: I hate the dentist!! Such a beautiful card though...love those butterflies and the pretty tones :)

sparklingblackrose said...

Really stunning, love your colouring and the butterflies :-) Hope you feel better soon lovely, Elaine-xxx-

lindyloo said...

beautiful card love the sparkle too

lindyloo x

Unknown said...

I love this image and you've done a fantastic job coloring it. Those butterflies are a wonderful touch to this delightful card.
Hope you are feeling better!
Hugs,
Lisa xx

Gwyneth said...

Lovely image, beautifully coloured, and made up into a gorgeous card. I love it, and I'm sure your friend did too.

Sarah Louise said...

what a cutie and i hope those teeth ease up soon for you

Dawn said...

Great little card Katrina! Hope the teeth get sorted soon!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Cliona Larkin said...

Really beautiful stunning card. Wow.

Anonymous said...

very pretty card hunny! so pretty hugs me xx

ddazzled71 said...

Gorgeous Card! I really love how you have arranged the butterflies and bling on the side! xx

May said...

Gorgeous card... Love the image she is coloured just perfect.. great design & colours... Hugs May x x x

09 10