Pages

Monday 3 March 2014

So Lucky!

Evening, well I have to say I really didn't think I would be on this much of a roll today, It appears that taking some time out to blog is making me much more productive! I dread to think how many creations I haven't shared with you :( 

Anyway I'm back today with a bit of a different creation for me, well its still a card, but its a bit 'green'….


When linking up to some challenges yesterday I saw that there are many 'green' themes out there at the moment, and so I thought it would do me some good to make a card with lots of green! I have used the adorable Shamrock Ellie Rubber Stamp from The Paper Nest Dolls


Sh was coloured with Copics; 

Skin and Hair;
E50, E51, E21, E93
E33, E35, E37

Greens and Greys;
G40, G43, G46, 
YG03, YG17, YG67
T1, T2, T3

I didn't really know what sort of green to go with and so I chose to colour with lighter colours and then take the matting paper to the darker green.  The flowers are from my stash, mostly Wild Orchid Crafts, the shamrock banner, the tiny shamrocks in the flowers and the 'Lucky' were cut on my cameo.  I added a little bit of ribbon from my stash around one of the layers - If I'm right I think it was an SU one!

 Now although the card is very 'St Patricks Day' I'm sending it to someone that has done so much to help someone in my life recently as I am lucky for all they have done :)

I would like to enter this card to the following challenges; 

Marker Pop - CH #38 - Lucky Green
Di's Digi Designs - Make it Green
Open Minded Challenges - Something Green
Really Reasonable Ribbon - Green and Ribbon 

Thanks so much for stopping by, I do hope if you have a moment you will leave me a comment :) Hope to see you again soon 
x

12 comments:

Melanie Smith said...

Trina, I love your Shamrock Ellie Card, her green highlights are just precious! Love your coloring as well. I will be your next follower. I hope you will consider following my blog as well. I am just starting to get a few followers ;-) www.fairystampland.blogspot.com

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Wonderful card, pretty image, Thank you for joining us over at Open-Minded Crafting Fun, Good luck and we hope to see you again soon. Alison xxx

Unknown said...

What a fantastic card!! I LOVE the little clover banner! and your bunch of flowers. I love the green in her hair!! This is GORGEOUS!!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

- Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
{Scrap A Thousand Words}

Crafting Vicky said...

wow I'm really glad that you have decided to play with us! Totally adorable card! Fabulous use of the die cuts!!!

Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky. I’m doing a little giveaway to celebrate 500 followers come and join in http://crafting-vicky.blogspot.ca/2014/02/woooow-celebration-in-order-its-500.html

Sharla said...

Fabulous card, I love all the green and the green in her hair....so fun!! Thanks for joining us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun!

sharla~dt :)

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is just gorgeous, love the colours too, huggles Pops x x x

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Super sweet card and great use of green and ribbon! Thanks for playing in Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge #90: Show Me the Green!

Larelyn said...

Such a precious image and adorable card. Thanks for sharing at OMCF.
Hugs,
Larelyn

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh this is really sweet and your friend is really going to LOVE this!!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely darling - this is so sweet, you have one lucky friend. Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at Di's Digi Stamps Make it Green challenge! Dee

Anonymous said...

This is a really sweet card! I just love it. Thanks for playing along with Really Reasonable Ribbon Show Me The Green Challenge.

Craftdee Donna said...

Love the sweet image, nice papers and embellies too. Thanks for joining in the Make It Green challenge at Di's Digi Designs , good luck and hope to see you next time too, Donna ♥

09 10