Pages

Wednesday 21 August 2013

The Vulture Knockouts vs. The Skullhead Babes Challenge

Good Morning!

I hope your here for the Roller Derby today :) This is has been so much fun!
Two amazing artists coming together head to head….

The Vulture Knockouts vs. The Skullhead Babes


Now how cool is it these two fantastic companies coming together!!  I was so excited when 'The head chef' Tamara told us of what was coming up! 2 of my favourite artists coming together like this!!

Now The Stamping Chef and Simply Betty stamps have joined forces to bring you a fantastic mini challenge - Both Tamara and Betty have designed a Roller Derby Chick for YOU to use for this challenge - NOW both images are free but you only have 24 hours to request so get in the quick!!!!
 You will see the details of each challenge below and how to claim your image!

So allow me to present to you…. 

Kitty Paw 
From 


First up - isn't she cool! I know I just LOVE her - not my normal style of 'go to' especially with her being so bright and bold but she was so much fun to colour up! 
Now TSC side of this derby is a recipe challenge - 

1 Ribbon 
2 Buttons
3 Papers (Inc BG)

The ribbon I have used is from my stash as well as the buttons - I was shocked to find two matching buttons in my stash! The papers are from 'MME Pretty Please' paper pad that came with one of my magazines ages ago - quite a sweet pack really!! I matted and layered each section with some kraft card I had stashed away, the 'You Rock' was cut on my cameo.  The image was coloured with copics; 

E000, YR20, R20, R46 B60
R21, R02
YG03, YG05, YG07
RV21, RV25, RV29
T3, T5, T7
W0, W2 
B60

I also added a dot of 'liquid pearls' to her piercing on her chin to make it stand out more!  Well I hope I may have inspired you with one side! You can request this image by sending an email to Tamara here with the subject heading of Derby

BUT WAIT!! Don't go yet….

Yes I have more to share with you!! The team at TSC were fortunate enough to have the opportunity to work with Betty's image as well… Yes so now please allow me to introduce to you…. 

From 



Now for Bettys challenge we had a colour combo to work with - you may recognise it a bit as I did try to include it in my TSC creation 


Now I have to say these colours are so not what I would normally work with - BUT it has been so much fun to try and be out of my depth!  The image was coloured with copics 

E000, E00, E02, R22
T3, T5, T7
YG03, YG05, YG07
Rv23, RV25, RV29

The papers are from my scraps and the embellishments are from my stash! This is has been so much fun playing along with these two amazing companies! 
Now you can request this image by sending an e-mail to Betty here with the subject heading as Derby!

Now remember you only have 24 hours to claim your image so get them quick! The challenges will run from Today (August 21st) through to August 28th 11:59pm - Each artist is offering a $10 gift certificate and the winners will be announced on Frida August 30th 2013.

 I hope I have inspired you to join us all and I know you will be seeing many more fantastic creations along the way!! 

Thanks for stopping by, I do hope if you have a moment you will let me know what you think! 
Hope to see you again soon 

:) 
x

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Both amazing Trina, I think though, I love the 2nd image, just cos I admire the darker side, not that I am any good at though, LOL xx

Corinne said...

oh these are both just beautiful Katrina... awesome job
hugs

kaylou said...

awesome Katrina, love them both
Hugs Kaylou xx

09 10