Pages

Thursday 22 August 2013

Copic Skin Tutorial for The Stamping Chef

Good Morning, hope your all well :) 

Im here today with my first tutorial for The Stamping Chef - I wanted to do something but was a bit unsure as to what to do and so I'm going to share with you two things today - 

Firstly how I colour skin tones (I have done a few online lessons but nothing serious!) and Secondly a colour tone for skin that has to be one of my favourite :) 

For this tone I have used Copics;

E50, E51, E53 and E93

And the gorgeous 'I'm a Raver' from The Stamping Chef - Now as I wanted to concentrate on skin I have masked the image on my computer to just give me her head - It also meant I could make the images slightly bigger to show you :) 

So lets begin….. 

I start by laying down E50 over the entire area of the skin


Taking E51 I then come in from the outside ages - being sure not to cover the complete face, just leaving enough for a highlight…. 


You can see that I have taken the E51 over the eyelids and over most of one side of her face - this is where I think the shadow would be. 
*TIP* remember you can always add more colour later but you can't take it away so start by covering a smaller area than you want the shadow in the first place*

Taking E53 I then draw this in from the outside edge too - but once again no quite as much


You can see I have also drawn a 'flick' up to look like her nose - at this point I'm sure your thinking…. Oh no that will never blend!! Well….

Taking back your E51 go back over the area as before making sure you cover all the area where you put E53


Its at this point you will see if you want the shadow to be more, remember don't add too much at once and these pens can deceive you - if your worried allow the ink a bit of time to dry - it helps! 

Going back to your E50 colorer the entire skin area as before, 


You may want to cover it with E50 and leave it a few moments to see what it looks like - you can add more in but be sure not to over saturate the paper :) 

Taking E93 I colour her lips


Any hey presto - there she is!! All coloured up! Well I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial today and I hope to be back soon with more :) 

Thanks for stopping by 

x

No comments:

09 10