Pages

Wednesday 19 June 2013

Bubble Bath Ellie

Morning all, well things are starting to go quieter - but not much still got so much to do and not much time - but finally found a bit of time for sitting down and crafting :)   So with having some time I have been playing with my Dolls - NO not like Barbie - the gorgeous ones from The Paper Nest Dolls


Now I just fell in LOVE with Bubble Bath Ellie when I first saw her she is available from The Paper Nest in Rubber and Digi - she has been sat in the pile of 'to colour' for far far too long and her time finally came around! 

Once she was coloured though I did become a bit stumped on what to do next!  So after searching the internet for a while I came across this fantastic sketch from Dutch Magnolia Lovers - I just had to give it a go although I don't use Magnolias!


It all just fell together from there, I used my lovely cameo to do most of the cutting - I did take me a while to think of the sizing but it all just came together! Here she is a bit closer! 


She was coloured with copics; 

E000, E00, E02, R20 
E30, E31, E33, E35
Y15, Y17
B93, B95, B60
V000, V01
W0, W1, W2

I added some diamond glaze over the top of the bubbles to give them more of a realistic look, once she was dried I stuck her to the circle and cut the excess of the image away, The edges of all the papers were distrusted using Tim Holtz Distress Ink Old Paper, I didn't want anything that was too heavy on the colour.  The papers are all from Dovecraft Back to Basics III - its a beautiful paper pack with all the pinks and purples in! I then couldn't resist with adding some of my flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts on there too!  

 I would like to enter this card into the following challenges; 

Art With no boundaries - Anything Goes
Created with love - Your favourite Things (My Pens :) )
Digi Make Over Challenge - Punches/Dies (Used my Nesties) 
Make it Monday - Anything Goes

Well I hope you like her as much as I do - Remember there is the Paper Nest Dolls Challenge blog that have a fantastic theme of 'Summer lovin' running and only a little more time to enter - why not pop over and take a look and maybe join in :)

Thanks for stopping by, if you have a moment I would love to read what you think! 
See you again soon 

x

8 comments:

Chris Hanselman said...

Darling image. Love the colors. Thanks for joining our Favorite Things challenge at Created with Love Challenges.

~~Chris

Unknown said...

Such a lovely cute card,Great colours and super image. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Blogger network Hugs Tania (DT) xx

Kate M said...

Really sweet image, lovely colours, flowers and papers - great card
xx

Laine said...

You have coloured this image so well Trina. I love the fabulous design detail you have used.
Laine
xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

She's so adorable and I love that you have Simply Betty on your title bar on your blog. SO cute. Cheers, Holley

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous, love the colours and the design is fantastic!

Hugs
Linda xxx

lady jasmine crafts said...

So cute xxx

Blossom Cards said...

love your sweet card thanks for sharing with CWLC this week happy crafting to you
Rachel DT http://blossomcards.blogspot.co.uk

09 10