Wednesday, 24 July 2013

Thank you Teacher

Morning! wow so here we are - 6 weeks of summer holidays!  
We have a little planned but nothing too special - well other than off to see a very good friend and Peppa Pig World - the kids don't know that bit yet - I can't wait to see their little faces! 

So yes my not so little any more Miss A has finished year one! Where has the last year gone - it only feels like yesterday she was starting?  I can't believe next year is her final year at her school - Miss N starts nursery for 3 days a week in September too!! 

So as per usual it comes to that time that you don't know what to get for the teacher to say 'Thank you' - me being me forgot till the night before she broke up! And so the mad panic set in!! I didn't want to do the chocolate or the flowers, I wanted something special and so I made this…. 


Yes I have braved a floating frame! I saw the file on the Silhouette store and just couldn't resist the words were just perfect!  I cut the file in vinyl so it stuck to the glass - just to ensure no mishaps! The butterflies were also cut from the vinyl and placed inside.  That was a job and a half weeding all those letters!!! 


I then went on to decorate the frame with some flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts and then added some sparkle to them with glitter.  I didn't want to add too much to over power what was there! I would like to enter this frame into the following challenges; 

Anything Goes Challenge - Anything Goes

Thanks fro stopping by, if you have a moment I would love to know what you think of my creation! Hope to see you again soon :) 

x

7 comments:

Jill Hogg said...

This is absolutely beautiful! How could any teacher not love this! Stunning!

xxxxx

Donna Ellis said...

How inspiring and touching for the teacher. A beautiful gift. I haven't done anything with vinyl and your gift looks amazing. I am sure the teacher will cherish this forever. hugs, de

Jackie C said...

What a beautiful card, great work! Thank you for entering at FAIRIES this week!
Hugs, Jackie DT Member

Avril Ann said...

Beautiful card, lucky teacher, our children in scotland are half way through their summer holidays now, :( hate when they go back, xxx

Zoe said...

So stunning

Thank you for joining this week at TCCCB

Zoe x
Handmade with lots of Love
Co-Owner of Creative Fingers

Debs said...

Really pretty frame, thankyou for joining The Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog this week.
Hugs Debs

The-Butterfly said...

Oh sheesh this is gorgeous (I'm aware i am stalking your blog tonight - sorry!) I love the idea, I have a few of those quote files to cut and now have ideas what to do with them! Where did you get the vinyl? I haven't braved using that yet but I need to now! I'm off to get some tomorrow! :)

09 10