Pages

Sunday 11 September 2011

Less.... Is More

Afternoon all, well last week has knocked me sideways! Im thinking that i was definitely not born for early mornings! But its part of having the kids so I best just get on with it I suppose! Its been a strange weekend! We went to a party as a family yesterday and it was lovely - other than while Mark was chasing one child - I was chasing the other!

well I decided to try another clean and simple card, I thought at first it was going to be easier 2nd time round, but I wanted to try something different! I wanted less on it, but it looked blank... its taken me 2 days of staring at her to realise what I needed to do! 


I used the lovely Sugar Nellie image Bad Hare Day available at Funky kits.  I coloured her using copic pens! Ahhh they are lush to colour with, this was my 1st attempt with them and so I was pretty shocked at how well she came out! To say half of it was done in the dark! 


I used my cuttlebug embossing folder down the side of the card just to add something as she could look so plain otherwise! 


Im sorry for how blurry the photo is but i just wanted to take a close up of her! her cheeks look really dark there but they don't look like that on the card! 

I would like to enter this card to the following challenges;

Sugar Nellie Facebook Challenge - Less in More!
Crafty Ann's -Outside of comfort zone - (i like pretty papers too much!)
Inspire Me Fridays - Anything Goes


9 comments:

cheryl said...

oh hun this is gorgeous love that shape and just love those colors,you have used,brilliant,hugs cherylxxxx

Ann Whitfield said...

This is really lovely Trina, I love the embossing and ribbon - they are just enough to finish the card without taking away from the lovely image. Thank you for sharing your inspiration with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Tracey T said...

Would never have known it was your first attempt with Copics - your colouring is fab! Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

Patty Sue 2 said...

Beautiful! I struggle with CAS cards also...yours is lovely and I love this sassy image!

Claire said...

Gorgeous card and beautifully coloured image. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's and good luck
Claire xx

Anita said...

A gorgeous card and that shape is so pretty. Love that image too. Thanks for joining in Di's DigiDesigns challenge.

An Occasional Genius said...

Wow hon, I'm so impressed at your first copic colouring attempts!! Such a pretty card, Thanks so much for playing along with Sweet Stampin x

Fiona said...

fab card, love the colouring too!!

Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

fi
x

Unknown said...

This is so sweet, love your gorgeous image and fantastic colouring. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Hugs xx

09 10