Pages

Tuesday 14 June 2011

A Little tutorial for you...

Well im here again! Oh I have missed my blog AGAIN! 

I was speaking with a friend the other day and she was asking me how I coloured my skin tones, I sat and I thought, I tried to explain to her by just typing and it didnt really work and so I made a little Tutorial for her, I also asked a couple of other people who are FAB at colouring to take a look at it, they all told me how good it was and so I have decided that I will share it with you! 

Now I know this is not the way everyone likes to colour, this is my way and I would like to share, please let me know what you think and remember to let me know and see any creations you make using my tutorial.... 

For my Tutorial I have used;  

One Image Stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
Pro Markers; Blush, Oatmeal, and Sun-kissed Pink  

1.

Firstly I Used Oatmeal, I covered the areas that I would like to be shaded/slightly darker that the rest of the skin tone.  This is what i use as a 'base line' so I know where i want the darker colour to be.



2.

I then took Sun-kissed Pink and went over most of the areas that I covered with Oatmeal, With the cheeks I didn't completely cover the base colour, so the cheeks look more natural, Remember that you dont have to cover the whole area again, do it in little sections and look each time, you can always add more but not take it away! 


3.

Finally I covered the complete area with Blush, I sometimes 'hold' the nib of the pen in one area for a few seconds to 'bleed' the colour to try and stop harsh lines.  The final picture was taken as soon as I had finished colouring, so that is why it looks very 'harsh' still, I will try to take another picture later so you can see it when its dry!


Well I hope that may be of some help to some of you, I would love to hear what you think, if you have any tips as to how i could improve, please let me know! 

Thanks for taking the time to stop by! 

x

6 comments:

Lou Mac said...

Yiipppeee!! I'm so glad you made the decision to post this! I love it. I think it will give people a different take on skin tones - I know it will break my out of my same old colour combo. I can't wait to give it a go.

Fab tutorial, clear pictures and straightforward explainations!! Perfect!! Thank you for sharing! xo Lou Mac.

Lisa Minckler said...

Trina,
It's a fabulous tutorial. You've taken the time to make special note of tips and it's very straight forward. Great job :)

Elaine Stark said...

I like your tutorial, its well explained and simple to follow. This is how I colour my skin tones too. Thanks for sharing. Elaine

cheryl said...

oh great tutorial hun,just brilliant hugs cheryl xx

Maggie's Crafts said...

Wow! Love how you coloured the images in. :)

Well done!

Maggie
x

Anonymous said...

GREAT job! your a clever stick hu! :0)

09 10