Pages

Wednesday 21 November 2012

For A Special Little Girl

Good morning! Well the BIG NEWS - finally we should finish the girls room today - the carpet is on its way and they should be back in there tonight! Whoop! you all know what that means - I should have a craft room soon! Yeah!!!!! I'm hopeful to speak to daddy nicely as he is off work on Friday to install me a desk and then I can start getting my stuff up there and in place! I can't wait! 

Anyway back to why I'm here! I recently had to set my Facebook page back up - and when I did I had A lovely lady contact me asking for a custom order - she really wanted a card I had done but wasn't sure as the image had dark hair and her daughter had blond hair - I told her not to worry and leave it with me - re-coloured it for her and she was over the moon - the challenge was when she asked for it to be an 8x8 - it has been so long since I have done an 8x8 I panicked - but after lots of strops it came together


It took me ages I had to pick it up and put it down on so many occasions - but I came back fighting every time!! I used the lovely 'make a wish; from Sugar Nellie, she was coloured with copics and I added stickles to her wings as well as some liquid pearls.  

For the first time I used some ribbon sliders - **TIP** as they were plastic I coloured them with copics so they tied in with the rest of the card - I will be doing this more and more now - so nice to have all the elements coordinating!  

Lots of dies came out to play too - Im so LOVING my dies at the moment, every letter was cut with the Quickutz squeeze 'Daisy' font - Its my all time favourite!!! Well I hope you like her! I would like to enter this card into the following challenges; 

Craft Room Challenge - Punches and Die Cuts
Our Daily Bread - Christmas
Top Tip Tuesday - Kids + Tip (please see above!)

Thanks for stopping by, if you have a moment I would love to know what you think! Hope to see you again soon!

x

8 comments:

tilly said...

Pleased you got there in the end, it is such a pretty card, she will love it
Tilly

Doreen said...

Beautiful Card ,love the image and fabulous colours.xxx

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

This is lovely trina...the gold is just so pretty especially with that red :)

Mervi said...

Lovely and cute card!
Thank you for sharing at Craft-Room Diecuts and punches Challenge,
good luck;-))m

Elaine Stark said...

A great card for a little girl, pretty and sparkly. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

Annette said...

Love your card, and this sweet image. Great tip too about the colouring. I do that too!! I love it all matching!
Annette
Netty's Cards
Proud to design for ABC Christmas Challenge,
Lili’s Little Fairies
and Top Tip Tuesday.
xx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful card!! I just love your sweet angel and the sparkle. Thanks for joining the Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light challenge this week!
blessings,
Chris

Maria said...

This is gorgeous! Such an adorable image, I love her sparkly wings. Thanks for joining in with our Die Cuts & Punches theme.

Maria, Craft-Room Challenge DT

09 10